At the present project I’ve encountered a problem of working with Oracle through the portal of SqlServer .
q: What is the need for it ?
a: Reduction of development time ..
So , I have at my project a few tasks :
- Create a DB schema and fill it out with temporary data.
- Create quickly a code corresponding with database
- Add sources of Oracle to SQL SEVRER .
- Include handle of UDT objects .
- use it – The download link for SSMA for Oracle.
- Be able to work with web services , maybe RIA services , especially with Oracle UDT objects . This is a sample of Grid Silverlight through RIA Services .
If I’d start doing all this things through the procedures of Oracle I would need at least one DB programmer working on it for about a month and a half I think , and then I’d need a .Net programmer that would work on his end for the same amount of time , probably not in parallel , so it would prolong the development in 2 , maybe even more.
The goal is to create a DB in SqlServer and create corresponding entities automatically .
Then create RIA services per entity . (Well RIA Services is really a luxury , so we’ll see how it goes ) .