If the database is inaccessible and received the error mentioned below through MSSQL Server Management studio:
Please follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Make sure that the Windows server has got enough disk space.
2. If the disk space is ok, then login to the MSSQL Server Management studio.
3. Select the particular database and right click on it. Click on "Detach" option to detach the database from the MSSQL management studio.
(Before that make sure that you have the backup of the database or a MDF file)
4. The database will be removed.
5. Click on Databases, right click on it and select the option of "Attach".
6. Click on Add to attach the MDF file of the database.
7. Click Ok.
At the present project I’ve encountered a problem of working with Oracle through the portal of SqlServer .
q: What is the need for it ?
a: Reduction of development time ..
So , I have at my project a few tasks :
- Create a DB schema and fill it out with temporary data.
- Create quickly a code corresponding with database
- Add sources of Oracle to SQL SEVRER .
- Include handle of UDT objects .
- use it – The download link for SSMA for Oracle.
- Be able to work with web services , maybe RIA services , especially with Oracle UDT objects . This is a sample of Grid Silverlight through RIA Services .
If I’d start doing all this things through the procedures of Oracle I would need at least one DB programmer working on it for about a month and a half I think , and then I’d need a .Net programmer that would work on his end for the same amount of time , probably not in parallel , so it would prolong the development in 2 , maybe even more.
The goal is to create a DB in SqlServer and create corresponding entities automatically .
Then create RIA services per entity . (Well RIA Services is really a luxury , so we’ll see how it goes ) .
Download the databases
Install the msi file.
The DB-es are installed in your C:\SQL Server 2000 Sample Databases
You can either move the MDF files to Sql Server 2008 DB Directory , or use it from the original installation folder. C:\SQL Server 2000 Sample Databases
Enter Management Studio
Right Click on Databases and Attach..
Press Ok and Ok .
Do it with each MDF you want to use and you’re done .