Printer: HP Officejet Pro 6500 All-in-One
OS: Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit)
Driver Filename: OJ6500vE709_Full_14.exe
Wireless Network: DHCP Static IP assigned via MAC
Security: WPA with allowed MAC list
Problem: Detects Printer, but won’t install.
Note: Can add and use the printer with the default Windows 7 driver using the built in Windows 7 wizard.
Unacceptable Solutions: Using the built in Windows 7 driver and wizard or calling HP support.
Requested Solution: Install the supplied HP driver using their wizard?
Trouble Shooting Attempted: As per the Additional Information on the download page. These steps failed.
If you encountered "Printer setup has failed to complete" error prompt, please do the following:
- Click "Next" to proceed with the software installation
- An "add a device" icon will be displayed on the desktop
- Go to MS Windows 7\Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers folder
- Right click on the printer icon and click on "Remove device"
- Click "Yes" to confirm remove device
- Select/Highlight any of the Printer and Faxes icon, and select "Print server properties".
- Go to the drivers tab, select HP Officejet Pro 6500 Series and click "Remove"
- Select "Remove driver and driver package"
- Go to the desktop and click on the "add a device" shortcut to complete the software installation
Note: I would’ve put this in the Windows 7 & Printer forum, but I can’t post there….
1. Launch the ‘Add a Device – Officejet Pro 6500 Series’ shortcut.